We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Using Itunes voucher abroard

Cara2

Likes # 0

Have redeemed an Itunes voucher for my son - he now has £25 credit in his Itunes account.

He is struggling to use it at very short notice as he goes to Malta, where he is currently living, tomorrow.

My question is, will he be able to log-in his account and continue to spend his credit from Malta or is there some restriction?

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Reading up on the subject, it seems the vouchers cannot be redeemed abroad - however, the voucher has been redeemed in the uk as the credit shows.

It is just a case of my son opting for the tunes he requires at this stage and using up the credit. That is the part of the process I am unsure as to whether it can be done abroad.

Anyone know the answer?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

An iTunes voucher that has been purchased in the UK must be redeemed via the iTunes UK site.

Your son should download his choice(s) before he travels, just to be on the safe side.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Ah well - he has managed to spend some of it here before he leaves, so time will tell as to whether he will be able to spend any more of the credit in Malta. Will let you know!

Thanks for reply.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

You can authorise up to 5 PC's per iTunes account, so if it does not work in Malta, you could downloaad here and send one by one as e mail attachment or even burn a cd to send!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback