We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tesco !!!!

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

Our local Tesco has shelves packed with Easter Eggs today !!!!!

This is getting stupid imho.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Good Lord above this unseasonal selling must be stopped to preserve civilization as we know it, and no mistake!

Me and my pal Peeved of Tunbridge wells will be writing letter as soon as I've finished this post. As will my wife!

Boy, we'll need a lot of stamps!

(!!!!!!...)

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Dear Peeved of Tunbridge Wells,

I believe that Tescos also do stamps. Last time I visited the shop it had the green ones with a shield imprinted on them.

regards Keif of For'ton 'eath.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

It doesn't matter what they sell my good man, as I shall be boycotting them from now on.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"It doesn't matter what they sell my good man, as I shall be boycotting them from now on"

Does that mean you will be boycotting all of 'them' or just Tesco. Because if you intend boycotting all of 'them', then you will sure need a big allotment!.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There was a brief article in the Telegraph today about the sale of Easter eggs in Tescos. The only link I can find is the tailpiece in BBC News.

Apparently chocolate eggs are one of their most popular sweet treats immediately after Christmas and demand goes through the roof as soon as they go on sale.

So who do you know that buys them? I don't know anyone who does.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I buy the little milk chocolate mini-eggs whenever they are available, and if that happens to be just after Christmas, or even just before, so be it.

I love them!

Saw some, and bought some, today.

Like this post
Noldi

Likes # 0

Not only Tesco and Easter Harrods have Christmas stock on display in August. Myself I would not be interested in perchasing these products so early, my next thing on the list is booking my Summer Holiday before buying chocolate eggs.

Noldi

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I would've thought that someone that had lived in Switzerland would rate buying anything made from chocolate over all other purchases:)

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I'd have thought that anybody who had lived in Switzerland, wouldn't be able to afford anything after getting back from there. They would be skint.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

Are there any 90% cocoa chocolate Easter eggs on sale? Or 85%, even? That's the only type of chocolate I eat now. Usually Lindt Excellence.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad