We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spam Folder

interzone55

Likes # 0

I suppose I'm lucky in that I use Gmail so my inbox is largely untroubled by spam.

I check the spam folder daily for false positives (of which there are very few, a couple a month normally) and delete the rest.

Oddly, I generally feel a bit upset if there's less than 50 spams per day, as if the spammers have forgotten about me or something.

Anyway, lately amongst the ads medical supplements, cosmetic surgery and offers of money from Nigerian gents has been a slew of quite suspect prize draw offers. Today I've had three emails all wanting me to enter a competition to win a £3000 Primark voucher.

How on earth could anyone spend £3000 in Primark? You could probably empty the whole store for less than a grand...

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

And here is me moaning if I have more than 3 a day with Hotmail.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

john bunyan

Very interesting reading your link as I am aware of many friends who have been suffering much the same in the past week or two. It seems that many Hotmail accounts have been hijacked and the first people are aware of this is when they start receiving "undeliverable mail messages" I think Microsoft is aware of the problem. All of the people I have talked to have up to date virus checking programs and their PC's are all showing up as clean.

Very confusing.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Condom

I moan about Pipex / Talk Talk re tech service but for over a year I have received very little spam - maybe one a month, and my download (up to 8 Mbps) is now at 9 from 5 a year ago. I assume hotmail has less filters.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Very few get through to me. Sky stick about a thousand a week in their spam folder. Just go once amonth to them and delete all

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I think you misunderstood me - I really don't bother about the amount of spam sent to my address, as it's all safely tucked away in a separate folder, and very rarely touches my inbox.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes