We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Have I missed Christmas?

Macscouse

Likes # 0

Going down the garden to feed the birds this morning, I noticed that the snowdrops are popping up all over the garden. Some of them are over three inches high. Have I slept in too long?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Depends whether you have done the same as Rumplestiltskin ;-)

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Macscouse

Merry Christmas Rip Van Winkle

regards

Sleeping Beauty ;o}}

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Here in the Costa del Nairn, it is usually the end of January before the snowdrops push through the snow, and some of the trees here are already starting to bud. The red squirrels are still cavorting around us at all hours. It's all rather strange, really!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I believe that Snow White missed the panto season due to a poisoned magic bean offered by Rumpelstiltskin despite jack Whitington pleading with her to not to eat it, or have I mixed my pantos somewhat?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Must have - Iwalked into the post office at lunchtime today and there were only two people in there - both behind the counter.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Unluckily I don't think so. I was taken shopping today by her indoors for a few little odds & sods and boy am I glad it wasn't supposed to be a big shop.

Anyway I did notice that Easter hot cross buns are already in the stores. Makes you wonder if Easter is really early this year.

My Snowflakes which are like big versions of Snowdrops are well up as well and a few are almost ready to flower. It is a pity as a couple of sharp frosts are likely to ruin what is usually a beautiful display.

Have a great day when it does come.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Macscouse. I've been off-line for a couple of days and still having problems with my PC. But as for the garden, well I have got a carnaton blooming quite well still. It has had flowers on it since the summer continually. Must be the good Liverpool/Formby air...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: Apple's new iPhone is bigger, better & faster than ever before