We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I Peaked Too Early!

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Being ahead of the game, and starting early I managed to get all my Christmas shopping in early in the month.

Now I'm out of mince pies, sausage rolls and Christmas cake and have to start again!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Pick yourself up, shake yourself out...and start all over again!

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

A very cunning plan which I shall remember for next year!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I made a Christmas cake a month ago - yes, me!

I've never made a cake in my life before this,and it's my pride and joy, it's been fed with cognac three times since I made it. Several people have attempted to sample it, but I'm watching it like a hawk.

I admit to trying a few mince pies - we buy them every year from a shop in Notting Hill where they make their own. Not cheap, but they're the best.

Happy second shopping.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

I note Morrisons have been selling tranklements for Christmas, fresh stuffing wrapped in bacon, roast potatoes, etc., with sell-by dates well before Crimbo. I can only assume they hope no-one will notice.

I nearly bought a Christmas Pudding until I spotted it was one year old.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Christmas puddings only get better with age.

We will buy next year's pudding at next month's sales, and if we can find one already a year old, so much the better.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Christmas puddings only get better with age."

To a point, then even a pudding will go off with mold just like a fine wine can cork eventually. Around 6 months is the optimum necessary maturing time.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

What about the sprouts, surely they will be ready by now, or do they need a little bit longer ????

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I hate sprouts only marginally less than Marmite.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sprouts in season are lovely especially with walnuts.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Lidl are selling loveley big sprouts grown in East Lothian. £1 for 1kg. I counted 30 whoppers in my purchase...average weight 30g...fantastico!

Suggested served with cooked chopped chestnuts, fried bacon bits and some butter.

The B52's did a song about butter beans.

"Pass me a plateful...I'll be grateful!"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses