We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Guest at Christmas

ukpostcode

Likes # 0

I'm a guest at my aunts for Christmas, what should I take with me? Already have presents etc, but was thinking of wine/champagne & chocolates? Anyone have any ideas or views on what to take?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

With chocolates check that they are not diabetic or on a diet!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't forget to think about your own needs, like a large amount of patience and good humour!

Must admit, I like the FE's attitude to life; he regards champagne as "something practical"!

Peter, I never thought that someone so cosmopolitan as yourself would express such profoundly English sentiments!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Don't over do it, that can be embarrassing, but take goodies that they might quail at buying themselves.

As FE says, something like a couple of bottles of Champagne (remember, you only get 6, parsimonious, glasses out of a bottle), a bottle of Malt, some fancy Ground Coffee (in a sealed bag, stick it in the Deep Freeze, open while frozen, do not allow to defrost, remove enough for your immediate use and put back in the Deep Freeze), real quality Choccies.

Diabetics are now allowed to eat such things, so long as they stick to just one, or two at most, so real quality counts. Special Diabetic versions have been shown up for the fraud we all knew that they were, Fructose is only marginally less damaging than Sucrose.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

You could make some recordings of yourself singing some popular festive songs (eg Fairytale of New York), and insist on everyone listening to them before they can start their Christmas dinner.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That's a splendid idea if you want to be sure of not having to visit some people again!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: Apple's new iPhone is bigger, better & faster than ever before