We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you believe in Father Christmas?

Cymro.

Likes # 0

I have been hijacked (actually there was no need to hijack me as I enjoy the job)to be Father Christmas at my grandsons Play School. I did the same last year and as he was then only 18 months old I got away without him recognising me. He did have a sort of suspicious look about him and even came up on my knee without the need for any persuasion to do so.

So by now he is two and a half years old and I have seen more of him than I used to. In fact he is at our house most days of the week at some time or other. So the problem now is will he spot that Father Christmas is in fact his grandfather? Any suggestions serious or light hearted as to how do I avoid being spotted and perhaps spoiling Christmas for him and his older sister.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

Just purchased a large hardback book of the poem "The Night Before Christmas" by Clement Clarke Moore, going to read it to our Granddaughter on Christmas Eve, lots of beautiful illistrations for her to look at, hopefully making things special for her.

A friend of mine has just finished a three week stint of live video links to schools where he has played a traditional Father Christmas with a holly crown, the children loved it, my Granddaughter had the bonus of having breakfast with him at home when he and Mrs Christmas stayed the night.

So yes, I believe in Father Christmas!

Finally, I have been asked more than a few times in the last few weeks if I am Santa, think my beard and hair need a trim :)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"The Night Before Christmas" I've got that vid somewhere, thanks for the reminder - am off to dig it out ready to watch.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...