We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Rough weather on the way

Graham*

Likes # 0

Keep watching the Storm Data

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I've got a little mini temperature station which gives the outside temperature (via a remote battery operated sensor), and also the indoor temperature...both readings are displayed on a LCD display. I check the morning outdoor reading, and select suitable jacket/coat for conditions.It's 3.3 C outside at mo.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

My head is already tucked between my legs in preparation for kissing a certain part of my anatomy goodbye!!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Snow for us on Friday

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

I used to be a boy scout,i'm organised if the bad weather coms,freezer full and as i make my own bread that's sorted.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

First snow of the winter in NW Kent started about 45 minutes ago. It's not settling though except on the grass.

I am competing in a 5-mile cross country race tomorrow. Last year's event was cancelled for the first time in living memory because the snow was so bad.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Yesterday's forecast was for gale force winds and heavy snow for my part of Shropshire. Woke this morning to flat calm and almost cloudless sky!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

fourm member

True, and they've been saying the same ever since the notorious 'great storm'!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

It snowed in Glasgow this morning. The wild birds, at the back of my house are having a feeding frenzy. (bird feeding stations).

It's easy to track the footprints of wild animals and birds when there is a smattering of snow.

My plant pots (about 50) are back up on the wall. Last week when it was very windy, I put them on the ground.

The optimum plant pot 'knock-over' wind speed is about 30mph, and northerly and southerly winds seem to be the strongest.

My big plant pots are exposed to these strong wind directions.

Larger, rectangular plastic containers...for next year, is what's required.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks