We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MY Posts, NOT HP's!!!

Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

I don't really want to be taken to an HP ad when I click on My Posts, oddly enough. I try not to complain too much about ads, but that does take the cake rather.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

6 goes now. 5 out of 6 times I failed to reach my destination.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (or right) but I rarely get inflicted with the adverts everyone else complains about.

I use Chrome with the AdBlock extension, but I have it turned off on this site

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Spywareblaster is good for keeping your screen clear.

It works.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

On the XP PC at work I keep getting an advert with an arrow which points directly at My Posts. Difficult to avoid but not impossible.

On Vista I don't get the same.

I think these annoying adverts are something we're just going to have to live with. The Microsoft 365 has just elapsed, now we get another.

No matter how much we complain or contribute to endless threads, nothing will get done (despite promises to "look into it") because that's how the forums are funded (no cost to us apart from the inconvenience) so let's get on with life and try as best we can and live with it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Kaspersky has anti-banner enabled by default and I had to change the settings to even see this ad. It isn't a major problem and I don't understand why you are clicking on the ad instead of My Posts. The page may jump a bit but wait a few seconds.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My sister recently bought a windows 7 laptop.Adverts are popping up all the time.I can sympathize with people who get annoyed with these PESKY GNATS. (ADVERTS).

I installed SPYWAREBLASTER on her laptop, but the adverts still appear.

If it was my laptop, I would give it a good proverbial hosin' down!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I made my own shortcuts to My Posts, Helproom etc in a Folder on my Bookmarks Toolbar so now have my own dropdown menu to pca site.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

I find PC Advisor's 'Pin this site to the taskbar' banner irritating because the orange arrow blocks the log-in link.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015