We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No more 5am alarm calls.

robgf

Likes # 0

After years of being rudely awakened by the alarm at 5am every morning, I can now have a lie-in until the more reasonable 7am.

I finally left my factory job on Friday, so am now fully self employed (I already was part time self employed). I feel so relieved, first time for years that my mind hasn't been churning over Mondays line schedules on Sunday evening.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Good luck and respect for taking the plunge, I've just come off yers of lateshift to getting the 5am call starting Monday.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

robgf,Well Done old pal, they say You never get riches from digging other men's ditches so good luck in your new endeavour.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I would imagine your body-clock will take a while to acclimatise to your new 'time-table'.

But knowing, you, are now your own boss, must be a great feeling.

All the best!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Welcome to the wonderful world of self-employment. It brings certain freedoms,and a good deal of stress, so make the most of that extra time in bed.

Maybe one day I'll be able to lie in until 7:00 a.m.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Your Late!

grin

It will take a while to adjust - so have a lie-in 'till 6AM.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

All the best Rob! i really hope it goes well for you! and have a great start to 2012!!!

A

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

And you'll now be able to make all the right decisions, the ones that were shot down in flames before.

Mind you, if it's the wrong one, the buck is definitely in your hand when the music stops:)

Seriously though, I think everyone should be self employed, it would improve productivity no end if there was no cushion for failure.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Good luck

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Made redundant at Easter so started my own company, should have done it years ago.

Best of luck

Like this post
robgf

Likes # 0

Thankyou everyone, for the good wishes.

Rob.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad