We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sign of the times for XP

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

The new drop-down menu here on the forums link shows Helproom then Windows 8..7..Vista etc. No mention of the XP workhorse that served so well for many years. Used to be the King of problems in Helproom...

That's progress I suppose but Win 7 is its true offspring, Vista, in my humble opinion, was dissapointing to say the least.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Ive got Xp Pro genuine disc ive not used in 5 years its just gathering dust, XP was the bizz but like with most hardware & software after 4/5 years its Extinct..XP served most people well, W7 however ive used since the days of RC/BETA & it was fantastic a breathe of fresh air in the terms of Operating Systems..BUT its getting like XP was in the form that the Billions of updates are making it laggy...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I've just read the PCA email with this link in it Windows 8: One OS to Rule Them All? Has PCA towers now relocated to the depths of dark Mordor? Have some of us now got a mission in hand to rescue the staff from evil forces? All this to do, and the Great White Wizard has been missing since the re-launch. Is something sinister happening now that the snows of winter are with us to hide what's happening?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...nothing like a good conspiracy theory for the imagination is there...

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Normally the dropdown bar would show the most popular and well used parts of PCA first.

I can't believe that they are set in the most popular order.Obviously they are set in that order for a reason.

I did notice that they have been moved around recently

Maybe I should get out a bit more often.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Autoschediastic

"Ive got Xp Pro genuine disc ive not used in 5 years its just gathering dust ..."

Do you want to sell it? If you do and the price is right, e-mail me via the envelope.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes e-mail me via the envelope as well and I will give you the W/8 version for it.

But it will need to be in the next 10 minutes.[ Just in case ]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......