We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Specially for the FE ..

johndrew
Resolved

Likes # 0

.. when asked through the year, "Is it time for Christmas posts?".

And one for all those who either hate wasting electricity or have neighbours they wish to annoy. Merry Chistmas

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

FE

"..and we all know that I'm never abrupt."

What is the emoticon for 'tongue in cheek'? I can't find it!!

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

FE wrote Christmas day, and it didn't feel a bit like Christmas to me. I suppose it all depends on what you're used to.

Wot no crime, family punchups etc....-}

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

SparkyJack

"Wot no crime, family punchups etc....-}"

No, just lots of girls in skimpy bikinis, sunshine all day, huge prawns on a beach barbecue, then a traditional Christmas dinner on the pool terrace in the (relative) cool of the evening... it was awful.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

johndrew

"What is the emoticon for 'tongue in cheek'?"

be my guest: -)

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I spent Christmas 1966 in Darwin (recovering a Shackleton).

All the drovers from miles around came into town to celebrate. Apart from it being very hot, I don't remember much about it!!

Like this post
badhair1963

Likes # 0

I was going to make my own thread about this, but since this thread is here I thought I might as well add my two penn'orth (is that how you spell it?)

Especially for FE

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

On the bus today, one woman said to another woman," Is that you all organized for Christmas now?"

The 2nd woman (who had ten shopping bags, all around her), said, "No, I haven't even started yet."

"It's beginning to look a bit like...Christmas!"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded