We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like documentaries,

daz60

Likes # 0

Found this site and just finished watching my first documentary.To see in conversation some of the people i have only read about and whose books i have purchased makes me more determined to visit these sites. Breaking the Maya Code..an area of interest since i was a teenager well before this 2011 rubbish.Wish i had taken this up academically.

A huge list that should cover all tastes and interests.Put your feet up, grab the popcorn and enjoy.

Top Docs.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

'..Wish I had taken this up academically...'

My nephew has just started Ancient History degree course,at Liverpool UNI.

His choice of course,(pun) might reap dividends,in the future.

Whereas, Computing/Technology/Science subjects might be now be over-subscribed by our young people.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

What an excellent site. Thank you.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I don't watch TV much.

But I do listen to a LOT of Radio4 documentaries.

There's a 3 parter on currently, about the History of the Post Office, which is the BBC at their best, I think.

And, I don't download much TV video either. (capped 1 GB/month)

(Although...daz60, I might have a sneak look at your great link, on my friend's fast BB :0])

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

That's bookmarked for when I have some peace from my energetic offsprings..

Thanks.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Glad you like it,onto my fifth documentary.Wish work did not interfere. Give it a try Aitch,your friend may not be able to pull you away,the content is excellent.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

All the files listed on the site are actually hosted elsewhere - the catalogue consists of lists of links to other sites.

The site operator goes to great lengths to try to avoid the copyright issue, and says:-

"All issues concerning copyright violations should be aimed at the sites hosting the material. This site does not host any of the streaming media and the owner has not uploaded any of the material to the video hosting servers."

That's like saying 'I'm not infringing any copyright,but others are,and if you want to get access to the copyright-protected files just click here'

If it came to a court case that defence would be demolished by a copyright lawyer in about ten seconds flat.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"Am I the only one to be troubled by the copyright issue?"

Looking at the subjects in the link, and seeing the large amount of cd's/dvd's obviously pirated freely available world-wide, then the answer might well be right!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'