We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SOD 'EM!

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I think in the simplest terms, that's what he's saying between the lines.

Cammeron's handbag speech...

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

**which is tail and which dog? **

The libdems as the minority partner in the coalition seem to have power and influence out of all proportion to their parliamentary standing.

I must however point out that I'm not picking on them; I'm not terribly impressed with the performance of any of the mainstream parties. I approve of what cameron has just done regarding europe, but one swallow doesnt make a summer ( I know its a bad time of year to use that metaphor, but what the hey.)

WTM

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"as far as I've been able to see it means the tail wags the dog!"

Everyone in the government seems to be furiously denying that there's any kind of disagreement over recent developments vis a vis the Eurozone. The rest of us can clearly see that there is disagreement however, and tomorrow's parliamentary goings on should be interesting.

Keen observers will be watching Nick Clegg carefully for signs of discomfort - he certainly appeared to be under some stress on this morning's Andrew Marr programme. One minute he said he thought that Britain would ultimately be damaged by what has happened. A couple of minutes later he said it wasn't a foregone conclusion. He's giving a good impression of being a political tightrope walker.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

And being the junior partner, he is very much, and obviously so, a docked tail over this one!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Regarding metaphorical canine statements, The EU is now the dog, and Britain the tail.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

But as we all know, rabies if rife on the continent, and the greatest kindness to give a rabid beast is to put it down and give it it's final peace...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I thank 'plate techtonics' for THE ENGLISH CHANNEL.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Which is why we've always been able to step back one pace and thumb our noses over the centuries:)

Cry God for Harry, England and St George!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

QB - Let's leave religion out of this one, please ;o)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

'tis the season of jingoistic bells...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...Bill Shatner's version in 'The Transformed Man' is better than Sir Larry's...must have another listen.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 release date, new features and compatibility: Free to download from 6pm

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?