We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

U.S. Drone is downed over Iran.

Bingalau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am surprised that these gadgets aren't fitted with a self destruct system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16098562

To let one fall in to the hands of Iran of all nations at this time defies belief.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

What's to steal? what is on the Camera is what they already know, as for the drone its only a glorified model plane with a camera fitted in it

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

These drones are inherent unstable flying structures (a bit like stealth fighters) and would be unable to fly without proper controls being supplied to them. In other words if the signal is lost then they should crash. They have no gliding facility. Therefore either someone took over control which I do not believe for a minute or perhaps it was intended to land with what information it had on board. This concept could conjer up many other questions like for instance what message the USA might wish to send to Iran about the information it already has on the so called sites of importance.

Nothing is ever straight forward in the world of espionage and I'm sure the USA can live with the so called loss of a toy plane albeit a very sophisticated one). I was in Belgrade when we were bombing it and I visited the site of the downed "Stealth Fighter" and I also bought the postcards which they were selling and I'm pretty sure that the reverse engineering technology from that went in an eastward direction but somehow I don't think that the resulting "Stealth fighters" which have appeared from there are that invisible as we have already seen pictures of them.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i wonder if the USA knew iran was trying to hack the drones and this was a plant of some sort as condom mentions

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

maybe the US should stop invading sovereign countries' airspace without permission

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rick

the newspaper story said they flew along the afghan border with iran. over afghan side but giving them a decent view and scan many miles into iran.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just wondering now that the US has pulled out of Iraq will they now be concentrating on Iran as their next target.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

butman

if the USA can target the rev guards, the decent people of iran might rise up and topple the mad mullars.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"the decent people of iran"

Decent in whose view?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd

A lot of people in Iran are decent well educated people and are fed up to the back teeth with the brain washed fanatics and their rev guard as the West is. But as the mad mullars hold control over the police and the military the decent majority of iranians are powerless.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"the decent majority of iranians are powerless."

You are living in Fantasyland.

Iran is not like Tunisia, Egypt or Libya, not even like Syria.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...