We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It's a Bit Fresh!

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Red alert for winds for the first time.

All local schools shut and non-essential BBC staff sent home.

Gust of 185 mph at Cairngorm.

Just been on to BT as my phone line is on the ground (though still functional, obviously) and they say they will try to get it fixed tonight!

If they do that will be customer service par excellence as it's gusting well over 60 even down here at sea level.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"All local schools shut and non-essential BBC staff sent home".

Sounds familiar?.

The next will be public transport ceasing to operate, but people will still be wanting the emergency services to operate as normal!.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

And we feel for our son stationed on a Customs Cutter who has just sailed from Oban to Leith. His last phone call intimated that it was a bit nippy and blowy on the way round.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Oban to Leith "a bit blowy"?

I believe him!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

morddwyd luckily he has good sea legs but I don't think that he will be sorry when his latest tour finishes next Wednesday - apparently the chef for the day had an interesting time on the journey.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

fourm member I work in Glasgow city centre and I was given the option to go home early because of travel disruption. Glasgow city centre was almost deserted when I went through at 13:30 many offices had sent there workers home early

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

Serious weather, but it still has its Lighter moments

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

The locals up there will be putting on their winter pullies then?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

A little bit windy here in Northants but fairly warm for this time of year.

Like this post
beeuuem

Likes # 0

I see one of 'Wee Eck's' windmills didn't survive too fast !

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

"The locals up there will be putting on their winter pullies then?"

Certainly not - possibly a 'tanktop' for outside evening wear - it is only December, after all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...