We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is Firefox in trouble?

johndrew
Resolved

Likes # 0

I found this article on Firefox/Google, but it is the first I have heard of it. Is anyone else aware?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I read about it in the Telegraph today Telegraph

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I must admit that I have practically abandoned Firefox in favour of Chrome but I would still be disappointed to see it disappear. It seems to have lost that 'speed' edge that it always used to have but if I need to print anything from the web, such as Streetmap maps,then it is really much better than Chrome. At least it prints what you can see on screen unlike Chrome.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Out of interest I have just printed out this screen in Chrome & got an exact copy of the screen :-)

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

The Tea Monster

My apologies to Chrome. I must admit I hadn't tried printing pages direct from Chrome for some long time due to the problems that I had experienced before but now I have just tried it and discovered that I don't need Firefox at all. Still I would not like to see it disappear as competition is always a good thing to have in any market.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I think all other browsers are having trouble keeping up with the relentless development of Chrome, it's only been around for three years and we're already onto v15.0.874.121

For me Chrome is perfect, the interface is largely clear of clutter, there's a good selection of extensions to add as many, or as few, extra features as I like, and it's a fast as a really fast thing.

I used to use Firefox, and occasionally I've dabbled with Opera, but for me Chrome is the current champion

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Google and Microsoft try to push there own browsers on to us that's why we need browsers like Firefox to try and break the monopoly of the big 2.

It may come that we will only have a choice of 2 but I think I/E is going down the drain and certainly not as good as it used to be and I tried Chrome before and did not like it.Mind you that was a couple of years ago.

At the moment quite happy with Firefox but for how long.lets hope it continues.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Don't forget Opera or Safari

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I have always used Firefox for this site as I need the accessibility options, but I use Chrome for everything else.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

morddwyd - you may want to try Opera for accessibility.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Google and Microsoft try to push there own browsers on to us that's why we need browsers like Firefox to try and break the monopoly of the big 2."

Actually what we need are fast, reliable browsers, regardless of the size of the companies involved.

I use Google Chrome as my primary browser because quite frankly it's the best there is - in my opinion. I couldn't care less about the politics, I tired of hearing people banging on about market domination and monopolies years ago. Companies like Google and Microsoft are big and powerful because they provide the market with quality products that people like to use - it's that simple really.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do