We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adele's US tour requirements.

Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

BBC News

So far up herself, I think she could be about to disappear up her own backside.

Like this post
monkeyboy21

Likes # 0

I thought the charity donation was a nice touch bearing in mind the amount of free loaders wanting something for nothing.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees

That list is fairly mild - the tea & honey are for her voice, as she's had throat surgery recently.

The American beer is obvious, most US beer is an abomination (although Sam Adams lager is fantastic, and there's a lot of nice stuff from micro-breweries in Boston & San Francisco)

The free tickets charity donation requirement is a work of genius

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...All I need is, the air that I breathe, and to to love you. (Hollies)

Adele's free publicity is a stunt.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Personally, I'm not a fan but her requirements seem reasonable and not excessive, the charity requirement is a good one, she must be a fairly level headed individual.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Seems pretty reasonable to me, when you look at some others "stars'" requirements.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Much ado about nothing.

To ask something in return for complimentary tickets is a stroke of genius,i wonder if the Olympic commission is listening.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

These riders are common in the music business, and the requests made by Adele are mild compared to some that I've heard about.

Some stars'riders are legendary. Mick Jagger demands a specially-constructed running platform outside his dressing room, so he can practice leaping about before going on stage.

Pink Floyd once asked for (and got) a miniature golf putting course behind the stadium.

Stevie Wonder asked for a meal of Filet Mignon and lobster for his entire 150 strong crew.

Janet Jackson wants a brand new black toilet seat at each venue.

Blur demand four pairs of Marks and Spencer boxer shorts, still in their wrappers.

U2 asked for the entire backstage area at Wembley to be newly carpeted.

And at number one in this week's charts is Robbie Williams. Here's what you'll be providing for him when he performs in your local village hall:-

a Japanese ceremonial tea set, a Formula 1 Scaletrix racing game; Dr Scholl sandals complete with foot powder; Mr Kipling's fondant fancies; a small packet of Dreft hand washing powder; two pump action water pistols with a range of at least ten metres; fresh starfruit (“superstar size”); and a game of table-top blow football with one team in the colours of Port Vale.

Adele is a mere beginner.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"...Van Halen's rider called for a bowl of M & Ms with all the brown ones removed...

Mick Jagger subsequently added an additional rider to the Rolling Stones' touring contract. It said that his dressing room should have a bowl of all the brown M&Ms that had been removed from the Van Halen bowls.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers