We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA links inconsistency

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

I notice that when you are in the forums, just below the menu bar (News Reviews How-to Forums), on certain forum index pages there are links to all the other forums, whereas on others, just your current location (e.g You are here>Homepage>Forums>Helproom)

The forums with ALL the links are Business, Speakers Corner, Mobile World and Windows8.

I find that having all the links available is more convenient.

Anyone else any preference?

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

FE

I too sometimes get the same problem going to the last reply in the thread, I generally use chrome, however the fault doesn't occur consistently. It may happen once with one thread and a refresh clears it or not as the case may be.

Sometimes it will occur with a reply of less than a few minutes old, other times the thread can be an hour or more old, no consistency to it.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I to get the same problem with the last response link, I'm using chrome as well. Like the others say it is an inconsistent problem sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Just gone through a few threads using Firefox using an iMac. Came to the PCA Mobile Site thread and got this Click Here

What is interesting is what it says at the top of the page.

"Page 2 PCA Mobile Site"

This thread had only one page (9 postings). It seems the link is opening to a page that has not yet been populated with postings.

Left it a moment and tried again and it went into the thread correctly on page 1.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I use Chrome as my default browser, and have never once had the problem - weird.

We'll look into it.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure if this is related to the issues raised. But I find on occasions that I can post a reply on say page 2/3 or whatever, and after posting I am directed straight back to say page 1, yet the response was published as a new start to the next numbered page (if that makes sense?). Then I have to check the last posting page, to see if my response as been posted.

Usually via Google Chrome, which I find is perhaps one of the best browsers for this website.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

D@ve

Thanx for pointing me in the right direction. I never noticed them there. Before, they were in the dark grey area, at the very foot of the page. In a verticle line, under the heading 'FORUMS'.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September