We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is the main way you listen to music?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

BBC Radio at home or in the car.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Should read BBC Radio 2

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 1

Most of my music collection is in my head...it's for personal use only.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...forgot to add, the pub jukeboxes have become much more sophisticated.

It's good to hear some of the oldies, thru' a modern jukebox sound system, and sharing the experience with others.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Ipod Touch.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Why on earth is MP3 player not listed?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

gengiscant

I'd assume they thought MP3 player is covered by "purchased downloads", but there's not a single purchased download on my MP3 player, everything has been ripped from my CDs and vinyl.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Mp3 CD in the car

Make them up from my extensive collection.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

iPhone with a mixture of purchased downloads and own CD collection. All of which have replaced my hi fi systems.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

It's a difficult one to answer, as several of the categories overlap... which is probably indicative of the turmoil the music industry finds itself in.

I voted "music streaming services", as I stream my own music collection, and use Spotify, LastFM and Pandora (an advantage of US-based work servers). I probably listen to most of it through an internet radio, either stand-alone, or as part of a hi-fi setup.... so that's radio covered as well. Most of my music exists as physical CDs before I digitise it (or I buy a digital download as well, which I do for about half the CDs I own). Then I buy some digital downloads that aren't easily available in the UK (but admittedly fewer). I don't use video players for music, so that's a "no". Working out which is the main way has given me a headache. Time for some music. Reciva radio on at the moment, listening to ERT Trito at themo.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......