We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New BBC Site

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Now I've got to look for everything that's moved, just like when the supermarket decides that it too easy to leave things where we know them to be...

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Shame. You used to be able to move things around and put your favourites where you wanted them. That feature doesn't seem to be available now. Tcchhh! Just when you've got used to something, they are foisted upon us without a by-your-leave, under the auspices of improvements in technology or here's something clever we can do that you didn't ask for.

I suppose there's a web development team at the BBC and they have to show that they're doing something every now and again.

Actually, I'd be prepared to bet that the old version has become clogged up and a good cleanout was required.

It's a real pity that a "Previous Version" button isn't available whenever a site changes layout so you can go back to the format you know and love. Each major revision could have a Previous button, although I don't know how the content would be updated in previous versions.

Anyway, we know enough about web site upgrades on this site don't we? LoL

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I still can't get it to save the weather for DN5.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

I tried saving the weather but it doesn't immediately appear to save it on the home page. On the Home page it gives London (or wherever). If you click the Weather link it gives it at your location.

The clue is in the word LOCATION.

First, Find A Forecast by entering DN5 in the box thecn click the Search icon.

This brings up the Weather for (unhelpfully) DN5 which is somewhere NNE of Rotherham.

You will now have an extra button labelled + Add Location. Click it and all your problems should be sorted. Yuo can + Add (more) Locations and click the Edit button to edit them.

Test it by going BBC Home then back to Weather.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Oooh me typings terrible today. Where's that spell checker we all wanted ????

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I can add the locations OK, even delete the London one, but it still defaults back to London's weather when I refresh the homepage.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...wrap up well tomorrow, if your plan to do some shopping in Glasgow's MEGA big, SILVERBURN shopping centre...according to BBC's local weather forcast's search engine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/7302138

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

This site is far more comprehensive for weather. You can set it to your nearest large town or city.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks john bunyan, I will set it to my home page, to get the feel of it.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Don't know about the rest of the BBC site but the new BBC Weather site is like a child's cartoon page big unnecessary graphics harder to discern the weather really poor upgrade.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Weather location, it says my town is in the next county....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room