We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Racist woman on Tram

zzzz999

Likes # 0

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Very suprised that nobody gave this woman a damn good punch in the mouth.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Covergirl

Very suprised that nobody gave this woman a damn good punch in the mouth.

I share your sentiments, this woman is an absolute disgrace! But to resort to violence is not the answer. What hope is there for the child being brought up by a parent who instils views such as this?

One questions whether she is a fit parent, perhaps the child would be better off being adopted by a family which will bring it up properly.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

For those interested is viewing the full video Racist woman on tram I warn you it is most unedifying!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"The charge sheet requires an address or location for the incident."

That's good to know.

If I commit a rape and the woman doesn't have any idea where we are then no offence has been committed?

Sorry but I do find that difficult to believe.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

They do things differently in other parts of the world. In Bermuda it is an offence to utter a profanity in a public place and this includes buses. Bernews. I actually witnessed something very similar to the link when 2 youths began to argue over their fare and swear at the driver. The buses are on 2 way radio all of the time and after a few stops the bus was stopped at a police road block. The police had been called by the bus company. The youths were hauled off the bus along with a young woman who had started to swear in support of the youths. The young woman had a child but that didn't make any difference. Interestingly the rest of the bus passengers were fully in support of the bus driver and police and were ready to offer to help, be a witness etc. The buses are really safe. Bermuda is still a British dependency.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Two different situations, in your case the woman is reporting a crime, so a general area is all that's required.

When you are charging someone they have to be more specific, not necessarily house number & postcode, but they need a town. From the video there is no indication of where it happened beyond the fact it was a tram. When I first watched it I thought it was the Metrolink tram from Bury to Altrincham.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I don't know about her getting a punch in the face. I am surprised that she wasn't set upon by some of the other passengers. At one stage I thought she was going to be, but another passenger seemed to stop any retaliation happening. Other people seemed to be hurrying to exit the tram as soon as they could. As for the location of the place, well I thought it was a tube train when I first watched it.

Like this post
robgf

Likes # 0

While I don't condone the use of such language, particularly in front of a child, we don't get to see what triggered the tirade, perhaps she was provoked.

It can be disconcerting to be surrounded by people who are all talking languages over than English, when you are in England.

I have some experience of it myself, being one, of two employees amongst fifty non English speakers. You do adapt though and I can speak a little Polish now. On the ninth of December the company will become 100% non English speaking, as my colleague retires and I go fully self employed. So if Miss West gets a job there, she will probably have a nervous breakdown!

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

By the look of her bottom jaw I would suggest the provocation came in the shape of a white powder

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Very suprised that nobody gave this woman a damn good punch in the mouth."

and by doing so, descended to her level.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...