We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Racist woman on Tram

zzzz999

Likes # 0

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Are the police saying no offence occurred unless they know where the tram was at the time?

Takes procrastination to a new level!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

morddwyd

A woman has been arrested for allegedly making racist comments to other passengers on a packed tram. The incident was filmed and posted online, prompting police to investigate.

British Transport police said a 34-year-old woman had been arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence.

I'd say that means she's been arrested

"At present it is not entirely clear which tram stops the offence took place between and when it occurred.

"As a result, we need anyone who witnessed this incident, or with any information that could assist our investigation, to contact us."

I'd say that means they would like some confirmation of where the offence occurred because they can't tell from the video.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I recently witnessed a Scottish man, who was pretending to be drunk, on a south-side Glasgow bus, spout, terrible threats, to everyone that was Scottish, and specifically to a nearby seated passenger, a young father with his daughter in his arms.The driver should have put the 'pest' off the bus.But he didn't.The young father and his daughter were traumatized.

The bus was jam-packed, and everyone on board were 'not amused'.

One man operation buses are now 'not fit for purpose'.Secondary staff are needed on buses in big cities.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

She was quite obviously drunk at the time.

and no doubt that was the influencing factor here. The police will need a witness who is prepared to come forward and give evidence. Incidents like this occur often, the difference here is that it was captured on a phone, so we all get to see and hear it on YouTube.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I can only echo Rick'scafe, what chance has that bonny child to grow up normal with that harridan for a role model?

Like this post
Menzie

Likes # 0

That's one of the many problems out there Forum Editor that incidents like this one happen often. I myself was subjected to something similar many years ago from a drunken man while on a bus with some friends on our way to a night out.

Interestingly enough my incident happened in the area that this lady is from, the area in question is known to locals as having some people that think like her.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"they would like some confirmation of where the offence occurred"

Why?

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

There will be a part of the charge sheet that asks where the incident happened.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

morddwyd

I assume you've not had any dealings with the police recently. The charge sheet requires an address or location for the incident. Simply stating "No 17 bus" is not sufficient.

Don't blame the police for this, blame the slippery Barristers who soon find ways to extricate their clients from chokey

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

I'm just glad I don't have to resort to using public transport. Apart from the unpleasant 'lady' ranting away, I wouldn't want someone filming me. They're also filming a child, which is a bit dodgy (paedophiles and all that).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......