We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wales boss Gary Speed found dead

alB
Resolved

Likes # 0

Very sad news GarySpeed

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

It appears, tragically, he took his own life. It's very sad.

Like this post  
alB

Likes # 0

AitchBEE, I can't imagine how desperate or low a person must be to feel suicide is the only way out, it must be a very dark place, condolences to his family ...alB

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"it must be a very dark place, "

Trust me, it is.

The feeling of utter hopelessness, bleak anguish and ineffectiveness cannot be described, a wilderness with despair in every direction.

I was lucky, I was pulled back from the brink.

I feel so desperately sorry for anyone else who didn't have the same breaks.

I hope you have found peace Gary.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

morddwyd - I'm glad you overcame your depths of depression.....I like your attitude.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Mr Speed might be alive today, if he had talked to his GP. at the first signs of any distress. When I knew I was depressed I talked to my doctor about it. I am alive and well today - 25 years on.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

HB

I can take no credit.

Entirely due to tlc from dedicated NHS staff.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

morddwyd

I, too, was lucky enough to escape that same dark space. It was touch and go for a while.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Gary Speed obviously didn't get the same good fortune, which is desperately sad.

Whatever troubled him does so no longer.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

"Whatever troubled him does so no longer"

Indeed it won't, pity his close family will not get their peace of mind because of the apparent manner of his demise.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 1

I suppose the present situation with the media has stopped them having wild guesses as to the "Why's and Wherefore's". Let's hope it stays that way and they keep their noses out of the family's way. RIP Gary.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more