We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Insect Photos Close-ups.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Most colourful I've seen of bugs. My favourite is the Broad-headed Sharpshooter Leafhopper. Makes you wonder how they can set up these shots?

spider close-ups

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Now usually I don't like 'bugs n things' but I found those close ups absolutely fascinating. I may just have found a new hobby interest. Thank you, now going back for a second look.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

cleaning his fangs with his palps

This is a family show, after all.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Astonishing stuff - makes me want to throw my camera out of the window.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor, I know how you feel and I'm useless with the simplest camera.

If GANDALF was still on these forums I bet he'd have something to say.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Dave FANTASTIC link! thanks so much ive posted it on my Facebook profile and ive gained a little bit of merit from my contacts lol great pics! keep em coming!

A

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Great photos...it makes me wonder what these marvellous creatures 'see', with their multiple and complex eye systems.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Actually this type of photo is relatively easy, especially with any Canon DSLR, but you do need the Canon MP-E 65 mm f/2.8 lens which costs around £780.

I don't have this lens, but with my 100mm macro lens + Ex tubes I take photos of dew drops such as this Dewdrop Refraction Would be far,far easy with MP-E 65mm

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Those photos are brilliant and make any I've taken just fit for the delete button.

I've been trying to get the wife to buy me a dedicated macro lens and after seeing those photos I don't think I will mention the subject again.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Simply stunning, thanks for the link.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

How about this of Sheffield? Click Download Image to make your Memory squeak.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...