We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 566

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All

Previously, in replies to first time posters asking what, if any, the rules were I have said there were none however before I am hoist/hoisted? by my own petard I feel I need to change that answer and clarify the matter.

The whole idea of IL/TP is to provide hours of endless fun/involvement/whatever to while away Friday nights and often Saturday mornings. By posting ‘edited’ postcards one has to stretch the old grey cells, do some sleuthing and by a process of elimination using the internet/books etc. to research, find and/or corroborate your answer. I personally for the life of me cannot see point of using Google Image Search and finding the answer in 10 seconds flat, where is the enjoyment or sense of achievement in that? OK, so I used the word ‘cheat’ last week, perhaps that was a little harsh but it was more out of frustration then suitability!

In future I would prefer IT/LP to be a ‘Google Image Search exclusion zone’.

I derive immense pleasure in choosing the picture postcards and fielding the varied responses as well as enjoying the ‘craic’ and I hope it will continue in its present format for a long while yet to come. However, should G.I.S. be used extensively bear in mind I shall only post half a dozen at a time - once they've gone, they've gone!

I would appreciate your opinions on this.

End of rant!

Now to the business in hand. A nice easy one, with clues, to start off with ;o}} click here

Like this post
iambeavis

Likes # 0

The signage on the van says Belfast, but I guess it ain't that simple.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Definitely Northern Ireland.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Townhall Belfast

Like this post
iambeavis

Likes # 0

‘Google Image Search exclusion zone’ - I'll go with that.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Ooh! I love it when you get all official! A GIS free zone it is, Sir.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Macscouse, thanks for your support.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Northern Ireland it is.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

iambeavis, thanks for your support.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I agree. The few I have got right were because I have been there or there were obvios clues. Keep up the good work, Brumas.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not Coleraine town hall is it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...