We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

British Gas are very persistant

Graham*

Likes # 0

It's over a year since I ditched them for boiler maintenance. They still call me nearly every day. As I have barred them on my phone, they get engaged tone and get charged for the call.

What a way to run a business.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Did not know if you ring an got engaged bleeps you still paid for the call.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Hard to believe that they are touting for customers!!

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I terminated my contract with them about a year ago and other than one letter confirming cancellation have heard nothing else from them.

Perhaps a call to their Customer Services advising that you do not wish to be called would have resolved the issue?

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

My phone answers the call and returns engaged tone, not the exchange.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

I remember about two years after they were privatized that several of their sales people came knocking on our door shouting and claiming we need new sprockets. There 4 of them. in Business clothing and claiming we need new sprockets and bolts and radiators and may be another boiler. Which we didn't

Basically they were trying to rip of my dad. They were very persistent and we said sure we call you as soon as you get back at the office.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

graham

sounds a good idea, i like that option.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

graham been think about your good idea, how do you set it up.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made