We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Neutrinos win again

zzzz999

Likes # 0

As we approach an Olympic year a new pretender to the throne of sprint champion has emerged. Neutrinos have managed to repeat their feat from two months ago and have again beating the previous champion 'Speed of light'.

For many years we had thought speed of light, Like Ed Moses, was unbeatable. Now this young pretender has done it twice: the world of athletics has been turned on its head.

That old joke will need rewritten.....'Who's there'.....'knock knock'

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Talking of athletes racing, the cat and I have a race downstairs every morning, with the loser judged to be 'daft'. I've been 'daft' for as long as I can remember, but one day, who knows?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Graham - It's not a good idea to have races downstairs...you could break your neck if you tripped.Have a race upstairs, instead...a broken ankle is ok.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

When I say race, I mean I walk slowly down gripping the bannister. As for racing up the stairs he is even faster.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Neutrinos Win Again"

Oh no they don't!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15830844

(Well it is the pantomime season!)

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

I told you of this story tomorrow !!!!

Like this post
jtt

Likes # 0

Someone told me that neutrinos travel quite a bit faster than light in some materials, glass for example.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

jtt.** If that were true, and the detection in Italy is via solid rock from Switzerland (detected in a soild lead wall) it would still cause a jajor rethink in quantum physics.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

jajor = major !!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad