We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

car central locking

tonyq

Likes # 0

Hi all, I have a 2008 Nissan Note car,as of late I have only been able to open/close the car doors with the central locking key when I am stood next to the car doors, whereas I use to be able to lock/unlock the doors from quite a distance away. At first I thought the key may need a new battery,I have tried 2 different new batteries to no avail. Advice please as to what the problem may be.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try turning the key in the ignition until it it all lights up but dont switch the engine on. and then press the door lock while it is in the ignition.

See if that helps.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Some more to have a look at while you are waiting for advice.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/search/run/

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

That did not work just copy and paste car central locking into search forums on top left of page.

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

it may be that ECU on the car might need resetting or testing. What you could do is walk about ten feet away from the car and press your remote. If it does not activate the central locking, place the remote against your forehead and try pushing the button again. I don't know the science behind it but it amplifies the signal ( honestly i am not winding you up) If this does not activate it, there is a possibility that either the sender or receiver unit is faulty. This will show up though on a diagnostic check on the car. I would advise you go to a local auto electrician for this, as Nissan will charge a fortune if these components need replacing. I believe that most of the electrics are probably shared with Renault and these are well known for developing faults.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I'm a bit off the subject here.

My first car, was a second-hand Berlinetta Opel Manta, 1981. I fitted an alarm system to it, along with wheel-nut locks, and the whole security system cost me 25 pounds.I bought the car for 800 pounds in 1986, and got about 5 years usage, before it went to the scrap yard.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

buteman and al's left peg,

thank you for the replys, I will try your suggestions tomorrow or Saturday then if no success will try to find a auto electrician.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...