We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PayPal Postage

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Has anyone else had trouble trying to print postage labels lately from the Ebay link to PayPal?

Since Wednesday I've had the message 'We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.'

At first I thought it was because a packet that I posted on Wednesday was going to Denmark, so I just took it to the post office. Now this morning, I have 7 ended items that are also getting this message...???

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...with UK destinations.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I must admit I have never used PayPal to do postage as I do it through my online Royal Mail account for the small items and Parcel monkey for the bigger.

But to answer your question perhaps a problem their end?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

'...perhaps a problem their end?'

Surely not for most of the week?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Oops sorry I missed your mention of Wednesday.

If you Google We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.' Then I think you will find it is how you type the address issue.

PayPal Post

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It seems to be some sort of browser problem, I've just completed the postage using Internet Explorer, I use Firefox normally.

I'll have to have a look at that when I get time. Any ideas?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

As I do not use Firefox on a regular basis, cannot help,sorry.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You may find what gengiscant as suggested might be the problem. The system does not like the address details, and rejects it?.

If sending stuff abroad, even to the EU, then its best to fix a declaration form on the item, because it could save the person receiving the item a few possible problems with customs etc.

Perhaps best to use a Post Office with Ebay stuff, and obtain a certificate of posting and/or declaration form?.

Like this post
hijaxers

Likes # 0

The reason paypal postage is not working is because Royal Mail has updated their site and its not working properly. They are trying to rectify but as yet its still down, so not much anyone can do but wait ! Jax.

Like this post
hijaxers

Likes # 0

The reason paypal postage is not working is because Royal Mail updated their website and its now not working properly, they are trying to fix the problems so not much anyone can do but hope they fix it fast !

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I sold an item on eBay this week and was paid via PayPal. Paying postage and printing label via PayPal worked fine for me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014