We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

So,how long has she got left then?

gengiscant

Likes # 0

Theresa May MP. When ever I hear a prime minister say a cabinet minister has his total confidence and support I always feel,oh oh, a resignation is on the way which of course the same prime minister will regretfully accept.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I was going to say that she is in no danger as the Prime Minister has not expressed his support!

However, you have obviously seen a news report that he has.

She's probably clearing her desk as we speak.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I can envisage a sickie coming - something like jerking knee syndrome or foot in mouth.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

fourm member "..we should have big walls around the country "

But maybe this is the answer to all our unemployment woes!!

Think of all the brickies in remote areas finding all this work along the cliffs.

(ps I realise that your remark was tongue in cheek!).

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Rather than relaxing our border controls perhaps the opposite would be a better move.

If we operated much the same way as the unsmiling US Homeland Security crowd, we wouldn't worry about queues, missed flights, ruined holidays, upset business trips or any of the many other unsettling conditions caused. We would though have better control of our borders and our security.

Given that the UK has a special(?) relationship with the US but all UK passport holders are treated as potential terrorists (along with pretty much everyone else), it may also provide a lesson to the US as their passport holders would get a taste of that meted out to the remainder of us.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

fourm member. There are only two points to note about this story. At the moment that may well be true but unlike you I have never believed that politicians are a particular truthful bunch and I very much doubt that Theresa May is telling the whole truth.

A civil servant is trying to build his case for constructive dismissal. I'm not saying he's lying but, clearly, he is viewing events from one direction. Whereas Theresa May is viewing the events from another.

I said while the Fox saga was going on that we would see more attempts to hunt down ministers. It's a favourite sport for the press. I am assuming from that statement that Fox did absolutely nothing wrong and that he should not have resigned. Or perhaps the Telegraphs exposure of the expenses saga,that was wrong also? Why on earth should not politicians be put under the most stringent examination? they are after all passing laws that effect all our lives.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

It's the same with football managers, as soon as they get the full backing of their chairman they start emptying their desk...

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I believe Theresa May is just trying to find a scapegoat to save her own job.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I, for one, become more troubled by who actually does control events in this country. I'd have thought that you of all people would know who controls events in this country, yes to a certain extent the media will certainly influence events. But by far the most influential body in the country is big business, why is so much spent on lobbyists by these businesses? why is there so much so called self regulation which we all know means that the politicians look as though they are doing something which businesses can in effect ignore.

Why do we have so many NGO's with "Of" in their title, toothless bodies set up to give the impression that they are looking after are interests when in effect they can do very little.

But as far too many politicians have a vested interest in not upsetting big business so they will continue to have far to much influence.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

It was said somehwere this morning that Theresa May would be survive because the PM sat beside her in the Commons yesterday, to show his support.

It should be noted that he sat beside Dr Fox as well.

With support like that......!!

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

My prediction is that she is going nowhere.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers