We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Some Times I wonder- why some folk have a computer

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

I have posted before how some of my mail input is from folk who it would seem spend thier time on line sdimply circulating- funnies- There are 5 that send stuff to me and if I mail them a real *Mail I seldom get a response.

All they seem to be interested in is circulating 'Stuff' usually complete with all the previous posters addresses

This evening I received one such- This one however at the head the following message in RED

**NOTE TO ALL; If you forward this e-mail, please delete the forwarding history, which includes my e-mail address. It is a courtesy to me and others who may not wish to have their e-mail addresses sent all over the world! Erasing the history helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and prevents viruses from being propagated. THANK YOU.**

Beneath it was- YUP you guessed it- All those addresses.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

You can say that again lol

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I have acquired all the email addresses of one certain large organisation due to a circular not being mailed correctly, and when an apology and request to delete said mail list came, it also had all the mail list addresses on.

You just can't get the staff these days.....

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Fortunately I have "lost" those idiots who used to send me such rubbish. It was extremely annoying as they had broadband and I was still on dial-up. When they used to send me a raft of amusing cartoons enclosed in an email, I would have to suspend other activities and leave it downloading until complete, only to find that

a. someone else had sent me the same crap just the week before or

b. it wasn't funny

and despite asking them NOT to send any more, they didn't take any notice as I was in a "group" which they couldn't be bothered editing.

Oh, yes, and I would have been able to harvest several collections of email addresses as nobody appears to be able to use the bcc: option. That's if they even know about it. Idiots.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I no longer respond to any forwarded emails as the amount of spam I would receive increased tenfold.Eventually,the senders of forwarded mail were filtered out from my friends & their mails added to the junk mail lists.I'm just not interested in the "funny" emails that were sent to me so adding the senders to my blocked lists didn't concern me.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I have two contacts who do not know about Bcc-ing one is a contact in the local police who sends out crime alerts the other is my local football club.

Like this post
jtt

Likes # 0

It's very easy to forget to use bcc, and to accidentally put addresses in to or cc.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I have several computers. I use them for different purposes. A while ago I used two computers for audio conversions to MP3,another computer was used for SCANNING photographs.The two computers , I am using just now, are mainly for internet use.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

AitchBEE, are you in the wrong thread?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

lotvic - yes, I was reacting to the Headline Topic Subject. Sorry.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert