We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How would you say it?

ams4127
Resolved

Likes # 0

If you did some research on the Internet and found the answer you wanted using Google, you would say "I googled it"

But what if you are using Bing?

Can you say "I binged it". Doesn't sound quite right somehow.

What would be the correct way? Any ideas.....?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I googled it here looks like you can binged it

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I binged once (well more than once, a lot more than once, actually)!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

What's wrong with "Bingled"?

Like this post  
Bingalau

Likes # 0

They shouldn't have pinched Bing Crosby's name anyway.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

I hope you didn't pinch it!!!!!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Perhaps when you find something using Bing you shout Bingo!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Bingled might get corrupted to Bungled.

Now that's strange, my spell-checker doesn't like Bingled but is okay with Binged

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Now that I like..."Bingled"

Bingled by Bingalau

Rolls off the tongue very nicely!

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I do use the term "I googled it" when in fact I tend to use anything but Google to search as I'm thoroughly peeved at the amount of advertising generated by Google searches.It's getting harder to find information I seek without wading through hundreds of pages all offering links to a company,& I'm too darn lazy to discover what format I need wrap the search terms when I can simply switch to a lesser search engine & get the same information from the first page of results.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Just as you would Hoover with any make of vacuum cleaner, you would Google with any brand of search engine.

They're one of those luck companies that find by accident, that their name has become synonymous with a particular activity.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks