We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

UK border agency problems

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Whilst reading all the problems associated with the UKBA in the Sunday paper yesterday mention was made of employees engaged in Visa and other entry fiddles.

Several individuals were named as being suspended and under investigation

Each one of them are themselves foreign nationsal -presumably naturalised- to be allowed to work in the department-

A Trojan horse operation perhaps ?

Get in- Get a job - let all your family and friends in.

Like this post
smokingbeagle

Likes # 0

EU nationals and citizens of Commonwealth countries with the right to remain indefinitely are allowed to work for the civil service.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The surprising thing about all this, was a number of television documentaries and other media reports have been brought to the authorities attention, and very little follow-ups were ever undertaken?.

Apparently there is a number of finger pointing going on, and I wonder if this will be aired in Parliament, perhaps later today or the forthcoming days or weeks?.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Smoking Beagle When making my post I was strongly aware of not being accused of being Racist or any other 'ist'

But to clarify the manes given appear to be of West African origin

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I can remember watching a programme about this.

They raided a restaurant, questioned several people and told them to report to Immigration.

They disappeared.

What a surprise!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

A few years ago , as I was working in Holland, I arranged to go to the Passport office in Petty France in London on a visit here to get a new passport "while you wait". Without being in any way racist, all the staff were "non white" as were all of the customers in the queue other than myself....

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

John Bunyan

...and your point is?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

fourm member

For translator's you might want to check out how much the police spend, or perhaps your local council on these services!.

Perhaps off subject, our local council state that any publications that you want in different languages or format, they will oblige. I have a friend who once requested that the council supply him with literature printed in Irish Gaelic (Gaeilge) and they thought he was being very petty or obstructive, because they could not supply any, and as a result they insisted that he left the premises before they called the police!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......