We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

(Wills & Kate) Easier for some people to get on the housing ladder than others

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

I suppose it's inevitable really, when there are so many properties in the family, that house swapping is rife.

Wills & Kate don't really have to bother with estate agents, raising a deposit or the disappointment of being outbid; they can just swap houses seemingly at a whim.

I'm just jealous LoL. No hard feelings - each to their own ends and means.

(Now, where's me HIP?)

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Your last sentence explains why you are not in the same position as Wills and Kate.

For goodness sake it is "Now, where is *One's * HIP"

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The Royal Family are an anachronism...but 'one' has just got to accept this fact.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

must have got bored living in the remote cottage they had in north wales, has the military given him an office job in london?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Oh you are right ones...

Homes marketed for sale on or after 21 May 2010 no longer require a Home Information Pack (HIP) but you do need an EPC to have been commissioned.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If the couple go on BBC's 'Homes Under The Hammer' I will eat my words...with 'humble pie'...your Majesty!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well you have to feel sorry for them as they cannot move in for about 2 years until it gets refurbished.

Also a lot of asbestos has to be removed as well.

Looks like it is going to cost them a fortune to get all that done.

What do you think.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

I wouldn't swap places with them.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I'm with onionskin on this, I'd hate to live in London for a start, and I can't begin to understand the type of pressure they must be under from press and media.

A cushy apartment is not adequate compensation...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...