We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop Batteries. unplug or not.

Afgp

Likes # 0

As I live in an area of lots of lightning storms etc, with lots of outages, Leaving the battery unplugged was not an option. Instead, I use my laptop on a stand, a little more than 50mm high, open at the bottom, which keeps the whole works a lot cooler than if it stood on a table,or one's lap.

I made this stand from a pair of sloped standa that was used for an Epson Dot MAtrix Printer, I joined them, front and back with a piece of aluminium strip, to set it so that the laptop is supported just inside the edge, and the whole bottom open to the air. It works. The laptop remains cool, which is the object of the excdrcise. It had another benefit. The working height was a lot more comfortable.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My laptop rests on an old metallic desktop case cover like this shape |___| only upside down.Heat is dissipated by the metal. I can use the space underneath for using a mouse connected to my desktop computer on the same desk.My laptop battery doesn't work anymore so have to have laptop plugged into the mains when in use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen