We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Your Personal Helicopter

woodchip

Likes # 0

Check this out for a Cheap Helicopter

Click to watch Video at bottom of Page

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Interesting use of technology.....I wonder if they will actually put it into production? The only problem I can see is Air Traffic Control and navigation issues, but it certainly looks like a fun machine. Clever use of what looks like one of those "Hopper" balls as the base.

if they develop it to the point where it has a reasonable range, it would certainly be of interest to many people.

If you saw one now, you might be forgiven for thinking you where looking at a UFO though!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

What's happened to English Ingenuity and Innovation? As this is what gets things moving, England used to be in the forfront of the above, but seems to have lost both its touch and its way

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

woodchip

How true, we used to make the best motorcycles in the world....I'm old enough to remember firms like Arial, Triumph, BSA to name but a few.

Concorde and many other innovative technological breakthroughs all came from the UK. No one seems to want to study engineering subjects any longer which is a real shame.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

When you look at that Helicopter, its not far from the flighing Bedstead, If you can Remember the old Buccaneer when it was being developed. Talking about Motor Bicycles what about James Excelsior AJS Dot Greevs Norman to name but a few plus the old Panther built in Cleckeaten My Uncle was Night Watchman at that Place nothing but a few Sheds joined together to put them together in

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I remember them well. Vincent, Norton, Clive Sinclair with the original ZX80 which I owned....And many more inventions came from these shores:

ZX80

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you are referring to aircraft then the Buccaneer had nothing to do with the Flying Bedstead. Early trials for the P1127 perhaps.

There's a long way to go with this current contraption. You will notice that it had very slow forward speed and directional stability could be a problem especially in windy conditions. No problem with navigation as I doubt if it would ever get out of sight of the ground. ATC and avoidance of others could be a major problem.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Can you remember Cyclemaster, Minimotor, and PowerPack, BSA Winged Wheel

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

My first with the World of Motors in about 1953 My First Motor

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

What's happened to English Ingenuity and Innovation?

You're obviously not up to speed with what's going on - it's alive and well, although you should substitute 'British' for 'English'.

Run a Google search for the following:-

Aurasma

Horizon Discovery Ltd

E-Stack Ltd

Powertraveller Ltd

Ocula

FerroGuard

Ubisense Real Time Location System

Diverse-Energy Ltd (PowerCube)

ICS Electronics

Peratech

The list goes on.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

I can see Ryanair introducing those into the Glasgow to London service

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...