We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cheating in sport?

gengiscant

Likes # 0

Never mind the scandal of cheating in cricket I want an urgent investigation into my granddaughter's behaviour in a game of snap she took part in with me yesterday afternoon. In my opinion there were some very dubious calls during the game. I appreciate that I have been very generous in calling a card game a sport but cheating wherever it occurs must be rooted out.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I agree.

Maybe a lifetime ban would be too harsh, but she should lose any Olympic funding.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Perhaps a fine? A lifetime ban seems a little harsh.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

She shows promise; a life in politics could be on the agenda, or banking perhaps.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Drug check??? Had she been drinking lots of fizzy drinks? Those E-numbers ... hard stuff, you know.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Grand-daughters always win.

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

At risk of a yellow card I offer a short youtube clip. Totally in context.

Fast Show competitive dad.1

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

When one of my daughters was five years old I gave her a Rubic cube, thinking 'that'll keep her busy for a week or two'.

She took it off to her room, and shut the door. An hour later she proudly came downstairs and handed me the cube, duly completed. It took me a few minutes of sheer astonishment to realise how she had done it. She had peeled off the coloured squares and stuck them all back in the correct places.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Her entrepreneurial instincts should be rewarded.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15573463

The three cricketers and their agent have all got fairly stiff sentences, I wonder if the sentences would have been the same if it was a sport that's not quite as gentlemanly.

After all, John Higgins only got a 6 month ban & £75,000 for essentially the same offence in Snooker, although he'd only agreed to lose four frames in four tournaments, he didn't actually carry out the offence...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes