We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can I make an audio record of a meeting.

gengiscant

Likes # 0

I am going through a protracted complaint process with my local health board and things have take a slight turn in my favour. Following an article in my local evening paper where the health board were praising the complaints procedure which seemingly makes it easier to file a complaint, better response times,and the fact that they now had in place a very efficient nurse director who was keen to deal with patients directly. The article seems to give the impression that this appointment is relatively new where in fact she was there a couple of years ago when I first made the complaint.

As the article reawakened the deep anger that I have for my health board,the way that my complaint has been handle and d,dare I say it the dirty tricks that have been used to try and persuade me that my complaint is without merit.Anyway I fired off an email leaving the complaints department in no doubt that I thought the article was a load of whitewash and that I was intending to give another side to the evening paper.

Fair play to the complaints department I received an acknowledgment informing me that my comments would be passed on. a day later I received another email stating that my file had been reviewed and that mistakes had indeed been made in my treatment for cancer and in the way my complaint was handled.

I have now received a further email suggesting a meeting which is where the post title comes in. I do not trust the health board and wonder what are my legal responsibilities in respect of recording the meeting should it go ahead?

I intend to first seek clarification on what will be on the agenda, who will be at this meeting, whether minutes will be kept and whether it would be wise to take a witness of some sort to the proceedings?

My apologies for the lengthy post.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...