We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Patio heater to clear snow?

Graham*

Likes # 0

If we get deep snow again this winter, would a patio heater be of any help? Many of my neighbours have one, mostly only used once, now standing glumly at the rear of the garage with a plastic hat on.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Pretty rubbish dragon."

Are you kidding? What family with young 'uns wouldn't want a dragon like that in the back garden!

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

What family with young 'uns wouldn't want a dragon like that in the back garden!

I would quite like a dragon that could actually eat the young'uns.LOL

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Years ago my father used a paraffin run weed killer (Come flame thrower) during the winter to keep our paths clear of snow and ice. I haven't seen one for years so I don't know if they are still available.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Condom

I found one of those in the garage when I bought my house. It was a wand-like implement,and emitted a powerful blast of flame from one end. I imagine they were discontinued on account of the number of burnt feet.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE That sounds like the thing I was talking about. If I remember it was orange in colour and basically worked like an old primus stove and you got a lot of heat for a little paraffin.

Like this post
Marktaylor

Likes # 0

The winters we’ve had over the last few years have been uncharacteristically snowy and icy. The snow makes for some picturesque scenes but has also been a hindrance for many of us bringing public transport and roadways to a complete halt.Paths and driveways have become ice rinks. There have even been horror stories of post people suing home owners after slipping over on their property.Clearing snow and clearing ice from your paths and driveways will not only make it safer for yourself but also for anyone else visiting or using your grounds.

Patio Heater

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Maybe a picture of a patio heater would do the trick?

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Wizard idea...but, better still maybe, a picture of a fine summer day, then no need for any kind of heater!! Problem solved.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"Maybe a picture of a patio heater would do the trick?"

There is one and a number of others. The only problem is the prices are US$. Now who would want to buy from the USA, when there are a number of good outlets here in the UK?.

Condom

I think the item that you are talking about, are the Sheen make, which are still available. Most now are the 'wand type' with the butane mixture canisters, which are only good for small areas. I use my 'wand type', for sticking roof felt on buildings. The Sheen for larger areas!.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Spuds I just saw your post and went to their site. Their X300 was exactly the thing I remember but it must have been a lot cheaper than £150 at the time or my old man certainly couldn't have afforded it.

Still the perfect implement for keeping paths free of ice and snow

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...