We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Ad's Make The Site Work

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

But I'm afraid my post in day's are over now.

Except for Brums photo competition.

I know money makes the world go round But too many ads too much even on 50mb connection

J

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Absolute Tosh

I have a 3Mb connection and the Ads don't bother me or spoil my enjoyment of the site.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I am using dial-up at the moment - no problems.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

That has to be a record - only 12 minutes before a change of heart 12.38PM posting ;o)

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Okay Don't flame me

I Am Old And wise.

I have limited time in which to fit in the time........Watching ad's is not one of them.

Lot's Going On

J

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

I have not yet seen an ad on my home computer Win 7 IE 8 but all my works computers are rendered useless on PCA by the ad’s XP IE 7/FF. I’m not too bothered as I don’t have much time at work to visit here.

Like this post  
Miké

Likes # 0

If the Ad's bother you, then block them!

Easy enough to do, I turn off the blocking about once a week to see if there's anything of interest.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I Use Chrome and the ads really aren't a problem on this site

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Don't know what happened there, but I clicked on bremner's 12.54pm link and got logged out twice, but third time was lucky!.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Spuds

I have had the browser shut down on several occasions this weekend when clicking on links.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I use an add-blocker with Firefox and never get bothered by adds.

Very seldom use I/E don't have an add blocker on there but still get no adds.

I can only assume my security programs remove them.

But having heard the amount of problems some folk have been getting with adds I can see why they get fed up.

Between the new browser,unable to get on PCA at times, and all the problems with the adverts is taking it's toll with users.

Maybe if they do a few free competitions and throw in a few computers and a couple of cars just to keep us happy till they get it sorted might help.

Oops forgot about the recession.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen