We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Royal Society opens up all its archives online for free

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

As supposedly another severe winter approaches us I thought some members might be intrigued to spend some time accessing these archives. From what I've read about them already, there are some fascinating revelations on a host of subject material to be viewed. Check out the drop down menu at this link TC.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

TC - looks very good. I tried Newton's 'Principia' in the search.Verily, a bountiful font of knowledge!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Archives can suck you in.

I remember being in an aviation archive once doing some contemporary research when I found the original evaluation of the first captured Focke Wulf 190.

I didn't get much research done that particular afternoon I can tell you!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thanks TC

Something to keep me occupied in my idle moments.

more information about this here

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Fascinating.

Did a search on Darwin and came back with some useful titles such as

"Red deer stags use formants as assessment cues during intrasexual agonistic interactions"

and

"The Physiology of Insect Fibrillar Muscle. I. Anatomy and Innervation of the Basalar Muscle of Lamellicorn Beetles"

So, imho it's a bit highbrow and one has to know what one is looking for in the first place.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

Covergirl

Doesn't everyone use formants as assessment cues during intrasexual agonistic interactions?

I must have been getting it terribly wrong all these years.

Like this post  
dagbladet

Likes # 0

You're lucky FE, my wife has never let me do that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features