We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Same song over & over

interzone55

Likes # 0

You're probably all well used to having to listen to the same song over & over on the radio, a problem that particularly afflicts listeners to commercial stations (except Absolute).

Well I had a weird experience yesterday when travelling up the M6. Absolute Radio was fading in & out, so I was scanning through the AM band to see if it had a second frequency, first I stumbled upon some station from Stoke who were playing Everlasting Love by Love Affair, scan again and up pops Capital Gold, who had just started to play Everlasting Love by Love Affair. Another scan and a third station was playing the same track - I'd assume they were all syndicated stations if they weren't all at different parts of the song, I checked by scanning back between the stations.

by the way, I was the passenger in the car, not driving.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

My mate is a DJ come presenter in our local Radio Station and I was asked to do an interview one day so I drove there and on the way I was listening to him. As I apprached the station I could see him outside smoking his cigarette so I joked with him that he had better hurry as the record was nearing its end. It was later that I discovered that the music element of his whole 3 hour show was put together the day before and pretaped so he could stop anytime for interviews and the like. Apparently there is a very limited play list allowed so there is bound to be repeats on a regular basis. It seems even request shows are not as requested as one would like to think. Like many things its what I call "smoke"

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The BBC's radio 4's World At One news program is being extended from 30 minutes to 45 minutes, I think that is a good descision.The ever-changing, world and national, political issues, should be given a little more 'air-time'.

Other commercial music radio stations are stuck in a rut.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback