We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Actress sues Amazon over her age on its IMDb site

morddwyd

Likes # 0

I know they tend to be fairly free with lawsuits in the US but this is a bit far isn't it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15360864

The age is correct, and is a matter of public record, and IMDB is probably used more by the public than industry casting insiders

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Typical Americana. Everything they do is OTT

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

if she,s up and coming at over 40 she can't be that good.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I suppose if she wins her claim, then it may well supplement her income. Perhaps something that her acting career hasn't done so far?.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I once did some work with an Actress who was known for her good looks. She appeared regularly on TV, and had -at that time - been in a few films as well.

While we were working together she went to America to discuss the possibility of appearing in a Burt Reynolds movie, and shortly after she came home she received the news that Burt thought she was too old for the part. She must have been about 38 years old at the time, and I remember how upset she was that she had lost a part because of her age. It was obviously something that hurt her badly, and brought home to me how sensitive female actors can be about the age thing.

The woman in question later went on to land a leading part in a huge TV series, so life presumably took on a rosier tint.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Nigel Terry, who played 'Arthur' in the great film 'Excalibur', was quoted by imdb to be 6'1". That was six months ago.He is now 5'11" and described as 'short'.That's the long and tall of it.Nigel is a great actor.He is actually 5'7".

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

And I thought it was only on dating sites that people told porkies! grin

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

And I've still precisely no idea who it is, and they took til the last paragraph (i think) to tell me why Amazon are involved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback