We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Who stays up late at night?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

Browsing the forum areas late at night, I'm aware that most people seem to have gone to bed, or perhaps they're just doing something else at that time.

In years gone by we had what - for want of a better description - I used to refer to as 'the night crew'. They were the regulars who took part in discussions that often went on into the early hours. We had some interesting debates at night, and whether it was due to the lateness of the hour, or perhaps a nightcap or two, they were mostly good-natured and friendly.

I tend to be here until midnight most evenings - sometimes a little later - because some of the work I do involves on-line collaboration across times zones. I just wondered if anyone keeps me company without my knowing?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

[playing Poker online]

An ideal way to pass a bit of time and you don't have to play for money.

I would add after so long it gets boring so you look for something else to do.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I work some unusual hours so you will often find me about up until 3-4am and if I am working nights it will be during my breaks.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I usually go to bed about 11pm, listen to radio4 & world service,I too, also like to stay up late sometimes, and look 'up' at the heavens, but usually clouds obscure whatever is 'on show' that particular night. Once, I camped out in my verandah, to make sure I could catch a meteor shower display.I had lots of spiders for company.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I am usually browsing until 1.00am most nights. I always check on threads here before I go to bed.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Peter

We have grown older. Yeats ago nightime was interactive, ammusing, and interesting. I log on from time to time in the wee hours...but find few here.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"We have grown older".

We certainly have. It's a sobering thought that the children who were being born when the forum first went live are now almost 11 years old, and many of them are using computers on a daily basis.

Give us a couple of years more and we'll see them here, offering help and advice.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

I've started going to bed early, usually by 1am

AitchBEE I'm like you - I won't be able to sleep if they close the World Service.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 1

I think Post's have slowed on the forum because Computing as Changed, Hardware tend to be more reliable and software not as Buggy

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I used to go to bed at a regular time normally between 22.00 and 23.00 hrs. But when I am on my own now-a-days (four nights a week) I tend to go to bed earlier at about 21.00 hrs then get up in the night and roam around the house and make a coffee and maybe raid the fridge for a midnight snack. I also have a look at the forum to see if anything interesting is being talked about. Some nights I will then read for a couple of hours. I know if I feel tired the next day that I can always go to bed for a couple of hours whenever I feel like. Funny thing is I never do.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

" I know if I feel tired the next day that I can always go to bed for a couple of hours whenever I feel like. Funny thing is I never do".

Join the club, but give it time, you will!.

I often go to bed between 12.30/2.00am, and usually try to catch up on the internet, including the PCA forums, where you might find me making a late evening or early morning comment!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...