We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Another annoying advert

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

We've just got rid of the video ad, now there's something (from Microsoft I think) rending the screen asunder and putting the two halves back together when you close it. Unfortunately for me, this action corrupts the screen slightly, but a refresh sorts it out.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I think were advertising guinea pigs, PCA uses us to demonstrate to advertisers know just how far they can go with an ad campaign before the red mist descends, and the benefits become outweighed by the advantages.

We're serving a vital function to the advertising industry...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

dis-advantages

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

QB - but we get lots of 'rewards' if we behave.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Where?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've got the IE pop-up blocker on and tracking protection and that's it - but still no evil adverts show for me. I must be pure in heart.....

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Spywareblaster stopped the annoying adverts on the side of the screen.I don't know how it works ...but it works.End of advert.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

AitchBEE, interesting, it does show it blocks certain web adverts.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

AitchBEE How do you know it was Spywareblaster that blocked it? Did you get a message or something to say so?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic

Spywareblaster is a blocker. It stops adware on a browser amongst other things. Most to do with active-x.

Interesting read.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, yes I know, I've got it. Also got AdBlock+ and other 'tweaks' to block.

I just wondered how AitchBEE could be sure that it was Spywareblaster in particular that blocked it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?