We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Smart car to beat parking cheats

peter99co

Likes # 0

Big Brother

Watch where you park in Peterborough.

I hope they get one in my City.

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

As a blue badge holder. You use common sense on where you park. If you can cause an obstruction you can be booked for it. I was asked to move a few yards down a double yellow lined road as it may have been difficult for large lorries swinging out from a narrow junction. I quite happily moved further down.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

1 expensive car and 1 expensive driver maybe he would be better helping to stop serious crime rather than petty parking problems that should be dealt with Traffic Wardens or Foot Police.

Same County made £6 million charging for Parking facilities but only made £1 million by the time it paid for everything.

Large town down Sheffield way I think it was had so many shops closing that it was on TV a fortnight ago.

The outcome was that they had opened an out of town shopping center which everyone was using, and why, because it was free Parking and they could not afford the High parking charges in the town center.

Back to the traffic car.We as Rate payers have to pay for the police in our town not sure if it covers everything like buying the transport and of course paying for the driver.

If it is the council that has to pay for it does the council receive all of the Fines that are handed out or does it go to the Police Force.

I would assume that the Council only pay so much and the Government pays the rest.

If indeed it was just for finding uninsured cars or cars not fit for the road maybe they should have started in Bradford.

Bradford is only mentioned as it has the reputation for having the highest amount of cars without Tax,Insurance or MOT's.

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

It is quite possible that some drivers using Blue Badges are not either entitled or not the actual disabled person.

I know a few near me who use Mums or Dads Blue Badge to shop.

Trouble is it is hard to prove. They should be ashamed but if you say anything you get abuse.

I am a Blue Badge Driver myself.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

peter99co

Misuse of badges

Not many people know this, but there is a gender specific code added to the serial number of blue badges, X for males & Y for females.

Next time you see someone getting out of a car with a blue badge and sprint into a shop just check the code, if it doesn't match the gender of the driver simply report them...

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

Just thought this might be of intrest to this thread

spy van driver fined

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room