We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Smart car to beat parking cheats

peter99co

Likes # 0

Big Brother

Watch where you park in Peterborough.

I hope they get one in my City.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

There's been one in Plymouth for ages. Taxi drivers got really irritated with it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

These cars have been a familiar sight in some London boroughs for some time.

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

It's the Taxi Drivers who queue outside their ranks and cause traffic problems and the School drop off cars who stop buses getting past that cause our problems.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I think they should do something about the blue badge holders that park in dangerous places ie yellow lines.

Yellow lines are there because it is not safe to park there so how does having a piece of blue card inside the windscreen sudenly make ie safe?

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

"Yellow lines are there because it is not safe to park there so how does having a piece of blue card inside the windscreen sudenly make ie safe?"

From this Click here

"The Blue Badge scheme is for people with severe mobility problems. It allows Blue Badge holders to park close to where they need to go."

and

"In England, Blue Badge holders may generally park:

•on single or double yellow lines for up to three hours, except where there is a ban on loading or unloading

•at 'on-street' parking meters and pay-and-display machines for free and for as long as they need to"

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

"The Blue Badge scheme is for people with severe mobility problems. It allows Blue Badge holders to park close to where they need to go."

So why was it the other day that I saw someone park on yellow lines put up his badge at one end of the village then work his way down a row of shops going into a few of them then back to his car but none of the shops were near his car

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Also you still have not answered the question of how is it not dangerous for them but is for anybody without the badge!!

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Our council have shelved their parking enforcement and its now being transferred to neighbouring council,whilst the deal is being sorted out,there is a general "free for all" in & around the town.Result: its utter murder trying to get about as motorists are literally dumping the vehicles wherever they need be.I have reported umpteen incidents of cars parking opposite each other leaving just enough room for a cyclist to pass to the police,as I'm thoroughly sick of knocking on doors asking for the cars to be moved,& getting smart* telling me its not their car when it plainly belongs to an occupant within the house,just not the youngster who opened the door.

Apparently,these mobile enforcement vehicles can park where they like (including on the same set of double yellow lines as the offender)whilst they video the offence,& there have been incidents where drivers have been reported for parking offences when it could be seen the offender was actually waiting for other vehicles to pass.

I wish something like these vehicles were patrolling our streets,as the message would soon hit home that blocking the road while they "nip to a shop" is dam inconsiderate,and could lead to loss of life were emergency vehicles requiring access.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"how is it not dangerous for them but is for anybody without the badge!!"

Blue badge holders who park in dangerous positions face the same penalties as other motorists, as do those that cause obstructions, I have been done three times for the latter!

Yellow lines are not only there because it is possibly dangerous, but more often because obstruction may be caused.

Blue badge holders may only park on yellows where loading is permitted. If it is dangerous for a smart car with a blue badge, how much more dangerous is it for white van man, or even our own WTM with an arctic?

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Is WTM now working for Iceland?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone