We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Radio Synchronised Clock

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Why has my wife's radio synchronised clock suddenly started reading four hours slow?

It's not the battery, the clock keeps perfect time, except that it is four hours, exactly four hours, out.

Like this post
Menzie

Likes # 0

I have a radio controlled clock and ended up disabling the self-setting feature as one night it set itself 2 hours behind.

Thankfully I saw this before I went to sleep otherwise I would have been late for work the following morning.

Now I just use the self setting feature if the battery runs out and I put a new one in and then turn off the self setting feature again once this is done.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

4 hrs slow = Eastern USA. Is there a setting for GMT or is it picking up a USA signal?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Mine did that last month, after several tries with removing the batteries and replacing them, I left them out overnight and then it was OK.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Would it have anything to do with transmitter location area changes?.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If it's under guarantee, take it back for a new one, or your money back.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

It's very unlikely its picking up another MSF transmitter, our nearest one is in the USA which is on the same frequency and it's unlikely to be that one because the one in Anthorn is a much stronger signal, I think it is a problem with the radio not decoding the signals properly.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

No settings on it at all other than a change of battery.

It's several years old, so it might just be packing up.

I might try leaving the battery out overnight as a "reset" though.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

As with mine the battery out for a long period may work, if it didn't I was going to bin it the next day.

That reminds me, the biannual clocks changing topic will be here soon, I know we all just love that one... last of the summer wine springs to mind for our behavioural pattern then;)

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

My satnav has recently decided its staying 1 hour behind,even setting to to 1 hour ahead of actual time doesnt work as the instant I switch to "Navigation" mode,it drops behind 1 hour.It might manage to retain the correct time when summer time ends,or it might then decide to drop 2 hours behind,"only time will tell" :)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

It makes you wonder how the old time town and country 'knocker-up' use to get on, and how far out their clock was?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014