We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wales Considered Cheating

morddwyd

Likes # 0

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15347253.stm

The fact that it was even a thought, let alone discussed, is disgraceful and in my view does no credit to Wales, their coach, or Rugby Union in general.

Cheating apppears to be becoming endemic in so many professional so-called sports.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That's just not cricket is it...?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I think Gatlin really got this wrong....He is not the best public speaker...The press have made a meal of this...What he actually said was:

"We COULD have feigned an injury resulting in uncontested scrums." COULD being the operative word.

Not the most sensible of comments, but I'm afraid this has become a feature of the game...Especially at club level.

I'm still proud of the way we have conducted ourselves in the tournament, and the Australia match should be a good one. I won't be able to watch as I have friends arriving for an annual visit, who are not Rugby fans.

I will record it though for consumption on Monday. Hmm, doubt if I'll be able to avoid the result though!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

'...who are not Rugby fans.'

Just give them tea & toast and tell them to zip it for a couple of hours!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Make them watch the game and they will become fans????

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

If only....Wine and beer, but it would be rude of me to be glued to the TV when I only see them once a year! They worry about me, Tea and Toast? That's me these day's but for Tea read Coffee!

I shall try and avoid the result until I watch it :))

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Bingalu

Sadly, small amounts of my friends don't like Rugby. They follow a game called Football????? Couldn't tell you much about that game! Horses for courses.

If it were the final.......I'm afraid rudeness would prevail. I would have to watch. Sadly, we are not there and th France NZ match will be a one sided affair I think.

Making them watch it? Julie would probably decide to "Go for a walk" Pete would tolerate, but would talk constantly throughout on differing topics.

Not everyone loves the game the way we do here in Wales :((

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Yes I am.

The quote was COULD have not as the BBC put it "Considered It" Subtle difference , and not the the brightest thing to come out with, but a swipe regarding Sam Warburtons sending off and what COULD have been done had the staff decided to go down that route.

They didn't and I'm glad. The BBC used to be my rock for information but since cut's and the move to Salford, the quality and continutiy has dropped dramatically.

They seem to have different presenters and outside reporters on an almost daily basis.

Gatling also stated that it would not have been in the spirit of a semi-final to go down that road. This as I posted previously is rife in club rugby these day's, and it's something I'd like to see stamped on. Along with the tip tackle rule as posted in the World Cup thread.

I am still very proud of Wales and the way in which we approached the tournament.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Wine and beer,"? The games on at breakfast time!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"...the move to Salford, the quality and continutiy has dropped dramatically."

Are you saying it's dumber up north...:)

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

I think Gatland was being refreshingly honest in what he said.

There would not be anyone, in any sport, who does not think about these things (but would never own up to such thoughts) - the quality of the man is that he publicly admits such thoughts and rejected them. Honesty is a rare quality.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more